Corsair Community

xms 2 pro problems

monkie23

on 03/11/05 i bought a combo pack of cm2x512-5400c4pro ram and an abit fatal1ty aa8xe mobo. ive had problems ever since. i always thought it was my mobo, but couple months ago i rma'ed the mobo to abit. and they said there was some minor probs but nothing to cause the problem. well i upgraded to windows vista ultimate rc1 and the windows told me the module was bad. so fist thing i did was mem test. came back bad sectors in the ram. trying to rma it. any more suggestions email me @monkie23@tmail.com

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XM2S5400C4 Cass 4-4-4-12 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 2 months later...
hey ram guy. i rma ' ed the first set of ram and got it back. now if i insert a certain stick into my system it wont post. put the other one in. works fine. try to boot with both :confused: wont boot, but when i use the one stick it boots fine. i stopped trying to mix. i had 2 samsung modules that when i rma 'ed the xms i took em out. now my xms wont post. the good stick even wokrs great with my samsung? ima have to rma em :sigh!:

Archived