Corsair Community

MSI 975x Power Up Edition v2.1

agent69

I recently purchase a pair of TWIN2X2048-6400C4 to use on a MSI 975x v2.1 board. I'm a bit confused on the bios setup for the memory timings. How do I setup the memory to operate at 800mhz or the rated speed for this memory? Currently I have the settings at:

E6400 (266mhz)

4-4-4-12 2.1v SPD is set to manual

the ratio is 1:5 which shows 800mhz in the bios

If I set it to 1:1 it defaults to 533mhz. What is the correct way to setup up the memory for maxium performance?

I'm not getting any errors with the settings at 1:5, but the system will not always boot at power on or reset. I have to power the system of several times for it to post. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Corsair Employees

DDR2 Memory runs at:

DDR2-533 = 266 Clock Frequency 2 X 266 = DDR2 533

DDR2-667 = 333 Clock Frequency 2 X 333 = DDR2 667

DDR2-800 = 400 Clock Frequency 2 X 400 = DDR2 800

DDR2-1066 = 533Clock Frequency 2 X 533 = DDR2 1066

Intel CPU:

533 MHz = 133 MHz Clock Freq. 133 X 4

800 MHz = 200 MHz Clock Freq. 200 X 4

1066 MHz = 266 MHz Clock Freq. 266 x 4

So the way you have it set will run the memory at 800 Mhz!

• 3 months later...

I am having the exact same issue. I have 2 systems with similiar specs and the same board. I have CM2X1024-6400C4PRO in each system, with the same timings set. My systems will also not boot every time.

Any other suggestions RamGuy?:D:

PSU is a "Brand you apparently dont like" GameStream 600W

I can get the system to run with a Ratio of 1:1 3-3-3-9 stable.

It appears that when you run the memory at the correct timings with a ratio of 1:1.5 it will only post on cold boots. Any warm reboot will cause the system to not post.

From the forum posts over at MSI, there apparently is a large issue with 800MHz memory and the 975x chipset. Have you heard this as well?

• Corsair Employees
Well I actually dont answer my own email! Sorry but there is just to many of them,. However, if you put ATT Ram Guy they will forward it to me! And I just checked I dont see an email from you! Please send it again and put ATT Ram Guy in the subject line!

• 6 months later...
Neither of these modules work on this board. I RMA'd the board twice in the past 6 months and no luck. Have tried every sceanrio 667MHZ, 800MHZ, with manual timings of 4-4-4-12 @ 1.8,1.9, and 2.1v including setting everyting to default. Ran a single stick, pairs, and all four with no luck. Ran Memtest x86 for hours and get lockups, reboots, and errors. Emailed MSI support again this week and they said it's the memory. I'm on my 3rd board now so something is not right. All signs point to memory issues at this point. I can't image after two motherboard swaps that the motherboard is at fault. Need help here RAM GUY.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived