Corsair Community

Modding a Nautilus

Ultimatexpka

Well I kno corsair makes great products but i was wondering if I could remove the fan inside the nautilus 500 and put in another fan on it because the one i have isnt loud or quiet but when I turn the fan on high I can hear it gaining noise so I was wondering If I could open that up (somehow) and put in a double bearing fan inside there and mabye with lights

Well I kno corsair makes great products but i was wondering if I could remove the fan inside the nautilus 500 and put in another fan on it because the one i have isnt loud or quiet but when I turn the fan on high I can hear it gaining noise so I was wondering If I could open that up (somehow) and put in a double bearing fan inside there and mabye with lights

There is a neoprene pad on each of the four legs, a flat tip screwdriver will pop them right off.Recessed in each of the legs there is a phillips head screw remove those and the top and bottom of the case will seperate. the fan is in the top half, it is mounted on four plastic rods with a little white washer with a tiny little Torx head screw dont worry about having a bit that small.Use flat nose pliers,just compress the washer and screw it out,the screws are really short.If you have a pair of end nippers just clip the plastic rods off flush with the top of your case,it leaves a perfect dimple to drill out your fan screw holes.If you use a less restrictive grill it gets rid of the whiney sound.There is plenty of room to go to a 120mm x 38mm fan.I put in a 120mm x 38mm Sunnon with 108cfm flow it sounds a lot better.

cool this shouldnt be to hard and does anyone know what size the fan in there is? and where can i get a better radiador like some people did and where do i get a quieter pump that fits in there?

The fan that is in it now is a 120x25mm. I used a Black Ice Pro 2 pass from Danger Den. I went with a larger Sunnon fan 120x38mm it fits fine with the Pro rad. Do you think the pump that you have is noisy? It is the 10 watt Laing DDC,it's one of the best water cooling pumps you can get. I upgraded mine to the 18 watt version, it does not seem loud at all,of course I wouldn't be able to hear it over the 108cfm Sunnon any way. Noise doesn't bother me any way.

Archived