Corsair Community

new nautilus 500 not working

javaduke

I just installed a new nautilus 500. The install went fine. no problems. got the radiator filled up and running. The system is up and unfortunately I see virtually no difference than air cooled. I previously had a stock AMD fan and was seeing temperatures of around 50c idle and 70c under load.

Only difference than most other is that I put a disk cooler inline with the cpu. It goes from fluid out -> cpu -> disk -> fluid in

Now, I have been able to see that the system started and around 61c and dropped to 56c but no lower. Under load it will go up to 63c. my ambient is around 26c

I was expecting much lower temps as found on this site and others. As far as I can tell everything is working. What am I doing wrong? What can I check/redo? I'm concerned about ripping it out and starting over.

An interesting observation from the last experiment. When I disconnected the drive cooler and let it run for a while, the drive temp when up to 48c. It had been around 36c when connected to the nautilus. This would seem to me to indicate a problem with the cpu block. Is this correct? Does anyone have any insight or similar experience?

An interesting observation from the last experiment. When I disconnected the drive cooler and let it run for a while, the drive temp when up to 48c. It had been around 36c when connected to the nautilus. This would seem to me to indicate a problem with the cpu block. Is this correct? Does anyone have any insight or similar experience?

I dont have extensive experience in liquid cooling but like you said, it could be a faulty CPU block, OR you might just need to re-apply the thermal paste on it.

I have the Nautilus on only my CPU only and I get anywhere from 29-34C at idle and 48-50C at full load on both cores.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I was worried that the block was the problem but I really didn't want to pull it off the motherboard. It was weird how the cpu always was stuck on 56c even though i knew the hdd block was working. So, I tried one more thing....I thought i'd check to see if it was a bios issue...since that is where the temp reading was coming from. The reason it occurred to me is that I put a new AMD chip in with the nautilus.

Sure enough there was an update to my motherboard despite being pretty old. I installed it and on reboot, i saw that my temp reading went to 40c and then dropped to 36c. After all this I cant believe it was the bios but that was it. I guess the chip was just new enough that the bios needed to be updated to support it.

I added the hdd block back in and I'm getting 36c like before with the hdd and 36c with the AMD64 running at 2.4GHz. Under load (mpeg2 video processing) I'm seeing around 43c.

Wow! Guess I made my first rookie mistake with liquid cooling but I'm very happy I got the nautilus.

Archived