Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200XLPT && Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe

Agent-S

Hi, had this problem for ages... have been kinda living with it but of late been really anoyed and have spent many hours trying to fix it...

As stated above I'm running an:

Asus A8N SLI-Deluxe

AMD FX-55 (Clawhammer)

600W Enermax Noistaker

and the TWINX1024-3200XLPT

now my problem is this...

at the default 2-2-2-5 settings all others default things crash... a lot

with BSOD occuring far more often than i'm comfortable with.

Messed around with voltages a bit and they ran fine at 2.8 Vdimm... for about an hour... then, no more BSOD but games just crash back to desktop frequently...

went onto the asus site for my mobo, they suggested setting my processor core to 1.500v and lowwer the CAS to 2.5... i did this and my sys didn't even post, had to reset bios.

So what I'm looking for is this... If theres anyone out there with the same config as mine please let me know exactly what all your Mobo settings are concerning Mem latencies/voltage Processor voltages/multipliers etc. are.

This trial and error bulls**t with changing settings then running heavy loads and waiting for a crash is getting to me.:veryangry

I have them running stable at DDR400 but with relaxed timings of 3-3-3-6

This is annoying since I wanted 2-2-2-5... thats what i paid 4!

Seeing as I am running at that would it be better if I were to just sell these 2 sticks and instead buy the TWINX2048-3200C2 since they run at more or less 3-3-3-6, and are round about the same price.:confused:

• Corsair Employees

Please DISABLE LEGACY USB SUPPORT, adjust the DDR voltage to the required 2.75v in bios and run memtest86 on the modules individually(run at 2-2-2-5). Provide which test the module fails in if any.

Here are the directions you can use to run memtest:

1. Head over to http://www.memtest.org

2. Click on the link labeled "Download (Pre-built & ISOs)"

3. Next click on the link labeled "Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)"

4. Download the software and Unzip the program files

5. Make sure a floppy disk is inserted

6. Run the program, when it asks which drive letter type in "a:"

7. Program should finish writing, reboot off floppy disk

8. Allow memtest to run 2-3 passes

Sorry for my short temprement, have had little sleep of late.

Ok will try.

But, I ran memtest last year when I bought the system and it turned up a couple of errors, but that was with the mobo defaults, can't remember what they were, I then updated my BIOS configured the memory with the required timings but had the DDR Frequency at 200MHz and no errors, upped it to 400 then errors arose.

But hey will try again, maybe I can fiddle a bit more without having to bootup windows, guess thats a plus.

Archived