Corsair Community

Constant Random Reboot, Asus P5LD2-VM DH & E6300...HELP Please!

Tiger88

Help Please!

I just set up my rig. I was able to install WinXP, however the system will random reboot within a minute or so. I tried configuring the ram with dirrent timming 5-5-5-18, I tried running with one peice of ram. I tested the diffrent configurations using MemTest. I was able to complete on pass without error and the system would hang on the second pass. I had replaced my Aspire power supply and OCZ ram with the Enermax power supply and the Corshair ram hoping that it would fix the rendom reboot.The Asus tech. support was totally useless.

It's been four weeks of 3-4 hopurs of sleep. I have no option left. Please Help.

System:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Ram: CorsairDDR2 667mhz (TWIN2X1024-5400C4 ), Installed in slot 1&3(yellow), timming 4-4-4-12, 1.9V

Mobo: Asus P5LD2-VM DH, PCB rev. 2.0G, firmware ver. 0501

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA NCQ 3.0Gb/s

Video: Sapphire ATI Radeon X 1600XT

Power: Enemax NoiseTaker II, +3.3V@32A, +5V@32A, +12V@44A, 485w

I just replace the mobo with the P5LD2-VM and update the bios to latest revision. I than ran Prime95 using the third option, the computer would reboot after test #6. I had turn of the automatic reboot for WinXP. I bought my computer in and the try booting it with a pair of 533mhz ram. Same problem the computer would still would reboot.

Do you think it's the CPU that is defective?

Archived