Corsair Community

P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe + Twin2x2048-6400C4 = Unstable!

voodoodrul

What CPU are you running? The most you'll get (without overclocking) is 800MHz for a Core 2 Duo and 677MHz for other CPU's like a Pentium D. Set the memory and FSB speeds to auto. Try 4-4-4-Auto-12 and 2.0V and let Memtest run for a while. Those settings worked for me with that exact same setup. You could also do each chip individually, but that would change the voltage a little.

Core 2 Duo E6600.. Everything is at stock clocks. One chip passed at 800 4-4-4-12 at 2.1v with no problems. The other failed in Prime95 in about 2 minutes. So I am RMA'ing it. Hopefully the next set will work. I just want to be able to close the machine and get to gaming already.

I bought some Twin2x2048-5400C4 instead. It's $100 less for practically no performance difference, so I don't mind. The only problem is that when I booted the system, the BIOS was still set for 2.1v and these are 1.9v. I realize this shouldn't be a problem, but I wanted to ask if these modules would be damaged by this setting? I'm more concerned about stability than anything else.

So far, they seem completely Prime95 and Memtest stable, but I haven't done extended testing yet. Outpost.com rocks by the way. Ordered Friday night at 9pm, arrived Sat. morning at noon. Can't beat that for $9.

Thanks!

Archived