Corsair Community

Question: Asus M2N-E Twin2x 5400 (2048MB)

Rindigo

Hello,

I have the following hardware:

Motherboard: Asus M2N-E

Memory: TWIN2X2048-5400C4

I have the following problem:

Blue screens that stop the computer:

Most of the messages are of the nature: KERNEL PAGE FAULT or PAGE FAULT.

About Memtest

I have run memtest, but not the whole thing (only 3-4 hours or so) after I had to stop it. There were no faults at the time, but I will rerun the whole thing soon.

What I have done so far:

Disconnected the powersupply (500W Seasonic) from the MB and move the two memory sticks to the back (black) slots the DIMM_B, DIMM_A slots as someone on this board suggest it.

Also I have updated the bios to the latest which actually is suppose to deal with memory incompatability. 0303 I think the number was.

My Questions Are:

1. How can I verify or try to recreate the problem so that I can test if it is fixed?
  2. What would be the recommended settings (eg 5-5-5-12-T1 1.9v??) for my memory type?
  3. What does these settings mean, or is there some kind of lists that explains it so I know what to enter and where in the BIOS?

I really do not want to return the RAM, as I have Corsair in my old Pentium and it is working great for a long time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rin

PS"Please add a question mark Icon to your "Post Icons" hehe! ;): "DS

• Corsair Employees

1. How can I verify or try to recreate the problem so that I can test if it is fixed? Run memtest86, remember to disable legacy support prior to running memtest.

2. What would be the recommended settings (eg 5-5-5-12-T1 1.9v??) for my memory type? 4-4-4-12-2T@667MHZ/675MHZ 1.9v

3.What does these settings mean, or is there some kind of lists that explains it so I know what to enter and where in the BIOS?

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Rate: 2T

RAM_GUY, greatly appreciated for all the answers and the quick reply!

My settings for the ram were actually 5 5 5 15.

I would just like to ask, could this have something to do with it?

In any case will run the whole memtest over night.

Thank you,

Rin

Hi,

I have run Memtest86+ v1.65 for 17 hours and not one error has come up in the 108k - 2047MB range.

The two memory sticks (1024 x 2) were in the dual channel configuration during the test.

Would it be safe to assume the stick are ok and it is not my memory that cause blue screens on my new system? (My last stop thing to test is my raid hard drive config.)

Thank you for all the help,

Rin

Archived