Corsair Community

NF7 v2.0 and 2x VS1GB400C3 and confusion

wayspooled

Hello,

No boot or post problem

Sys Config is Abit NF7 v2.0, Athlon XP 2800, Gigabyte GEForce 6600 turboforce w/ 256mb and I'm not intentionally overclocking anything. Have not had any problems with the system with the 2 256mb sticks in 2 years.

I'm trying to replace 2 256mb sticks of corsair xms with 2 1gb sticks of corsair VS on my NF7 v2.0 board. Not NF7 S-anything. System wouldn't boot or post and I scanned these forums until I found the 3-3-3-8 and 100% or 1/1 and 2.7v voltage. Problem is on my Phoenix/AwardBios utility the variable descriptions are not the same as you use. I figured out I think, where the 3-3-3-8 goes but could use verification.

Does the 1/1 (or 100%) ratio go in the CPU FSB/DRAM ratio variable? (for which I don't have a 1/1 option and I'm guessing 3/3 (333) is the same thing? I also have the options Auto, By SPD, 3/4, 3/5, 3/6, 4/3 etc etc up to 6/6.

DDR SDRAM Voltage - 2.7 goes here?

For the 3-3-3-8 settings, is this right?

CAS Latency Time - 3

Row-Precharge Delay - 3

RAS to CAS Delay - 3

Row-Active Delay - 8

------------------

I start with "Optimized Defaults". Other settings that seem like they might have some effect -

System Bios Cacheable - Enabled

Video Ram Cacheable - Enabled

AGP Aperture Size - 64mb

FSB Spread Spectrum 0.50%

AGP Spread Spectrum 0.50%

AGP Frequency 66 MHz

CPU Operating Speed 2800+ (rather than User Define)

External Clock 166 MHz

Multiplier x12.5

CPU Interface Disabled (the value says - Disabled-Use most stable CPU/FSB parameters as opposed to Enabled-Use Overclocked CPU/FSB parameters)

Any help would be appreciated,

Archived