Corsair Community

corsair twinx2048-3200pt

asg06

hello.

i purchased a 2gig matched memory pair from newegg on may 5, 2006. i have to say that i have loved this memory and do not want any other brand.

i ran a memtest last night for several hours and came up with 7 errors when i came to check on it. after that i did each memory stick separately with only one coming up with the errors.

my first question is, since it was in a dual package box, do i need to send both sticks in or just one?

my second question is, when i return the memory, should i purchase insurance on the return? what type of packing should i use?

thanks in advance

asg06

i'm still waiting for a reply to both my rma request as well as this post.

so far it seems that i am not getting any responses and can not get anyone with the number provided for customer service and tech support.

the memory works fine as long as there is only the one good stick in. the motherboard is a gigabyte 2.2ghz athlon 3500+. if there is any information i didn't put in that is needed, i will post that asap.

however, i would like to see if someone can tell me if i can get a rma due to the memory with both sticks installed start to crash and sometimes reboot. other times it crashes and has to be rebooted manually.

the settings are the default 3.3.3.8

mind you... one stick works.. the other doesn't with the same exact settings. nothing's been changed since the day they were placed into the motherboard.

if it were a setting problem, then both sticks would be showing errors instead of one and not the other, correct?

i posted the wrong voltage. everything on the memory and cpu is set to auto. i couldn't find a place to change the memory voltage and timings.

however, i did run memtest again with both sticks together then separately in the same slot.

the first error that came with both sticks together is as follows

Test 6 Failing Address 0005c6a5d0c - 1478.3MB

Good ffffefff

Bad ffffffff

Err-Bits 00001000

with stick 1 alone there were no errors.

with stick 2 alone there first error is as follows

Test 6 Failing address 0002d37d17c - 723.8MB

Good ffffefff

Bad ffffffff

Err-Bits 00001000

That is the information from memtest

i will be calling the tech support department tomorrow to resolve this bad memory module problem.

i did the rma request. i have ran memtest86 v1.60. i have swapped out the memory modules in the same exact slot with one module working with no errors and the second with errors.

if i have failed to provide information or not done the process correctly, please let me know.

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have already spoken over the phone and I am waiting for a RMA number.

However, my motherboard is a GA-K8NSC-939. The speed is 2.2ghz and I believe the the FSB is 400. I set the settings in the bios to default and have updated the bios to the latest version.

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

i submitted my rma per calling tech support on monday who said i had a rma approval. i recieved the email notice of the approval but still have not gotten a number.

i sent a email yesterday asking about the number but still have had no response.

should i wait til tomorrow or call today?

Archived