Corsair Community

Twin2x1054 with ecs c51gm-m

creyes3461

I cant get my motherboard ecs c51gm-m to work with corsair twin2x1024-5400c4. When installed as the pair the motherboard just beeps but can be installed as single's and work fine. I returned the first set I got thinking the memory was defective but the second set has the same problem. The corsair website dont have the ECS c51gm-m listed as a model. Has anyone got the memory to work in this motherboard?

• Corsair Employees
Will the system post with just one module, either module one at a time? If not then I would suspect there maybe some problem with that MB. If it will post with either module one up then I would contact ECS for the latest bios and or replacing the MB.

• 6 months later...

I just recently got this very same combo. If only I had the chance to read the forums here before heading to Fry's. I had updated to the latest bios, i memtested the memory w/ 0 errors. I installed windows just fine. But as soon as I pulled up the start menu or opened a program it was just a matter of time before the pc just hanged then eventually freezing.

I was leaving the dimm voltage control to normal. Would increasing from normal to either +100mV or +150mV help the situation or potentially damage something?

*I've been told that it's a latency issue and the timing that would work on this board is 5-5-5-12-T1. So I'm going to switch up for a new set that has that timing and we shall see if it works.

Archived