Corsair Community

Please Help

Slider

I have a real problem and I am at a loss to work out what I can do.

I currently have 4 x 512Mb Corsair XMS2 6400 RAM ( see Sig) but there seems to be a problem when using all four in my new motherboard. If I have all four sims in the computer wont post. nothing at all, just sits there. If I take out the Dimms from slots 1 and 2 the computer boots fine.

I then shut down the PC, take out the 2 "Working" sticks of RAM and put in the other 2 and the computer boots fine. If I put one of the 512's in to either slot 1 or 2 the computer wont boot.

I initially thought it was a motherboard problem so I contacted ASUS and they suggested I return the motherboard which I did. Now I have just rebuilt my computer after I got a replacement today and the problem is still as I have described above so obviously the Mboard was not faulty.

Has anyone else had the same or similar problems? I really have no idea now what to do. All 4 sticks of ram came out of my old Motherboard and they worked fine.

My new computer.

===============================

P5W HD - Deluxe MBoard.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600

Chieftec Big Tower Mesh Silver

Gainward 7800GTX CoolFX version

Alphacool Water cooling

Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB CL5

1 x WD Raptor 150Gig Gamer Edition HDD.

3 x 400 Gig SATA HDD's

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have the latest Bios installed and I set the power to 2.1v as you suggested. Still the problem persists If I have all 4 Dimms in the computer will not even post. No beep when you turn it on nothing at all.

Still looking for an Answer to this question, Is this RAM not compatible with the ASUS board? And If this is the case I would expect Corsair and ASUS to come out with a statement on this.

If I have the 2 Sticks in and test them everything is fine. Swap them out for the other 2 and the same

4 Sticks and the computer wont post, so I dont evn get the chance to test all 4 together. And they all work in the previous ASUS board I had.

No, With all 4 Dimms it wont post, cant get to the Bios at all. Thats the frustrating thing.

I have been able to get in with 2 in Slots 3 and 4 of the Mboard everything is default, ie set to Auto. I havent over clocked it at all and I do have the latest Bios.

As soon as I have 2 sticks in Slots 1 and 2 the computer wont post so its impossible to run Memtest.

I have contacted ASUS again asking if thre is a manufacturing problem because this is the 2nd Board I now have where this is the same problem.

And of course they have not replied.

I guess the RAM is ok as it works in Slots 3 and 4. I just cant believe that 2 diffrent boards are showing the exact same problems.

Archived