Corsair Community

I've just purchased a 520W Corsair HX Series

Nielo TM

Hey guys, I've just purchased a 520W Corsair HX Series and I was wondering is there any know issues with the unit cos I've spend five days researching on PSU and every single one had some kind of problem.

The reason I went for the Corsair is because of 105C Hitachi capacitor and stable voltage on all rails. However, I am a little worried about reliability of the unit cos couldn’t find any user reviews.

Thx for any help.

Edit: The 520 has Chemi-Con not Hitachi but it’s still good. Chemi-Con is a Japanese company who are leaders in Aluminum Capacitors. The one in 520 is 400V 105C.

• Corsair Employees
Hey guys, I've just purchased a 520W Corsair HX Series and I was wondering is there any know issues with the unit cos I've spend five days researching on PSU and every single one had some kind of problem.

The reason I went for the Corsair is because of 105C Hitachi capacitor and stable voltage on all rails. However, I am a little worried about reliability of the unit cos couldn’t find any user reviews.

Thx for any help.

The 520W hasn't been reviewed too much.

The only review I know of so far is Here at JonnyGuru.com

Jonny does a good job on reviews. We don't know of any issues with the 520W yet, it's been very stable in almost a full year of testing here at our labs, but it does have a 5-year warranty so let us know if you have any problems and we'll fix them for you!

Enjoy!

• Corsair Employees
Thx and I hope it runs smoothly.:):

One more question, why does the 620 have Hitachi and 520 has Chemi-Con?

It was done because the capacitors were chosen specifically for their uses. The 620W required slightly more upgraded components where cost was no object, while the 520W required industrial-strength components that maintained a great value.

Sorry, I meant how the PSU can hold the charge. Some has 16ms but others have around 12ms under full load.

The reason I ask is because I own an APC UPS.

Also, what causes the PSU to short circuit or “blow up” as some may like to call it?

I know I’m asking a little too much but I’m really worried about this cos of the horror stories I heard about other PSUs.

Archived