Corsair Community

Memory Test Fails

SgtC

Hi all,

I have had my Corsair XMS memory for jsut over 8 months now and have been extremely happy with it.

Then last week I booted, went into IE and did usual email checking etc. then I opened up C&C:G:ZH to own my friend who had come over with his rig. When my PC crashed. I thought, "Trusty Windows", so I boot again, got through 5 of my normal 11-12 passess of the Windows loading bar (I have lots of startup processors :biggrin: )

And it switched off, I thoguht thats a bit odd Ill check my BIOS, thats when I say the Memory Testing script of my BIOS. Normally it would reach 2'097'152 (or there abouts, i did that with a calculator) but this time it only reached 65### (I dont know what the numbers were exactly around 65000+) So I went through and checked my BIOS because my PC has been running smooth for 8 months, and everything was the same.

Please help!

n00bs cant pwn themselves :sunglasse

• Corsair Employees
The MB you have may not support these modules properly as they have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 and with 4 modules I would suggest 2.8-.9 Volts. But I would test them one at a time to be sure one is not failing.

I have tested the RAM modules individually so it isnt that, and the mobo is a:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=1870&ProductName=GA-K8VT890-9

Also I checked the label on my RAM it says I have CMX512-3200C2PT but when I did a RAM test it came up with a speed of 2-2-2-5?

Sure I turn up the voltage or something? Or would that void the warranty?

Thanx RAM Guy

• Corsair Employees

Sorry about that a part was ommited by mistake.

Should have been:

The MB you have may not support these modules properly as they have a minimum suggested voltage of 2.75 and with 4 modules I would suggest 2.8-.9 Volts. But I would test them one at a time to be sure one is not failing.

I would suggest you get all of the modules replaced and you will need to call customer service and as them if they can help you to match them. 888-222-4346

Archived