Corsair Community

Matched gig wont run in duel mode...

MossY_DoG

i have a GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard and fitted CMX512-3200C2 DDR400 CAS-2 memory into it. up to this point, the old memory (Corsair Value) was running in duel mode.BUT, my new memory stays in single. i have tried in slots 1 and 2 ALSO in slots 3 and 4 and then for fun (cos i was enjoying switchin memory around) i tried it in slots 1 and 3 Also slots 2 and 4.

IT JUS WONT WORK :(

system sees the full gig but just stays in single channel..... HELP...:[pouts:

ok, i have set the voltage to +.2 and still no good.

i have the latest Bios (F11). there are 2 options for Ram - Auto or Custom - if i set to Custom, there are a load of options to set, any chance of a full rundown as to what each should be.

I have tried 3 CPU's (just cos i had them) also some value ram that does work in duel. so this is either a setting i am missing, or faulty Ram :(

Please Help.....

How many sticks do you have? What's the version # of each stick? How To Read the Memory Label

Timings:

CAS Latency (tCL): 2

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

Row Precharge (tRP): 3

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6

Command Rate:

Memory Voltage: 2.7-2.8 Volts (Warrantied up to, but not over, 2.90 volts)

All other settings to defaults.

Source: Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

Running a Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI motherboard with Bios version F11 (Latest) and fitted with CMX512-3200C2 DDR400 CAS-2 memory.

Unable to get the memory to run in Duel Mode.

Anyone know the correct Bios Settings PLEASE.

Thanks

Actually, you must use two or four sticks of memory in order to run in dual-channel mode. If you use only one stick or three sticks, your system's memory controller will be forced to run in single-channel-only mode.

Actually, you must use two or four sticks of memory in order to run in dual-channel mode. If you use only one stick or three sticks, your system's memory controller will be forced to run in single-channel-only mode.

umm, yes i know. i am useing 2 sticks of 512 - MXX512-3200C2PT

BUT, one stick has XMS3202v3.4 (this was a replacment from you for a faulty stick of the original matched pair

the other stick says XMS3202v5.2

however, both are XMS 3200 512MB 400MHz CL2

starting to bang my head against the wall now :(

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Customer Service at 888-222-4346 and they will help you solve the problem, and our hours are from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays! And let tem know you had a RMA before and ask them if you can get all of your modules replace for ones that match.

Archived