Corsair Community

Ga-965p-dq6

Beppe

Hey guys. i been going through a heck of a time even getting to use my conroe for more then 5min.. after only finding out that there has been memory issues with the new mb's. after RMA'ing motherboards thinking there bad even though they were prob not. i had some OCZ PC2 6400's only to find out they do not work! and having 4 gb's of it did not help either!. anyways i bought corsair of zzf and i was wondering if there compatible with this motherboard?

TWIN2X2048-6400

and what is it with these motherboards. is it a bios thing? or is the memory companies to blame.? would like to understand it some more. i know or heard that is like 1.8v and some modules like mine like 2.0~2.2. or is it b/c the chips themselves? the new DQ6 and corsair modules with will here either tomorrow or fri. i just want the thing to work!

P.S

sry if u got this 1000 times

i got my new sticks of corsair 6400 memory the other day.. everything boots up fine, till i started gettin all random reboots.. so i decided to do memtest, and i got errors on test #7 but heres the catch memtest is totally fine in single channel testing each stick by itself. i raised voltage 1.9 .2.0 2.1 ect still the same.. but in single channel its fine? any ideas?

no. at first i thought myself it was a slot issue because i could not find the bad stick by itself. as dual channel puts alot more stress on the sticks would if they were alone. but i downloaded microsoft memtest and tested one stick at a time again, and found the culprit. i finally caught one of the sticks throwing off errors, and the other has not. and the errors came up with the stick alone. in diff slots. so its not the mb thank god

there is no way to change them to 2T, and why do u keep saying run them at DDR 667? when they are 800MHZ. i ran the good stick fine at 800 mhz no problem till i got my RMA. not tryin to be rude, but why should i run DDR 800 at 667?

• Corsair Employees
You should be able to run at 800MHZ. I just want to test them at 667MHZ to determine if it is the memory controller or not. Which bios version are you using. We have tested this motherboard but with the F4 bios only.

ok that clears things up alil bit. i have a beta version of bios F4D since F4 has not officially been released yet.. about the memory controller. how would that point to a memory controller? wouldn;t a bad stick come up with errors at 667? or 800? but i think i get wut ur saying. anyways i can not test no more i sent them out to u guys u prob got them by now. hopefully i will get some new sticks soon.

Archived