Corsair Community

TWIN2X2048-6400C4 Problems

Samtasm

It would appear my RAM is faulty but I wanted to run my situation past a few people before finally concluding so. I have just bought lots of new goodies along with the afore mentioned memory including :

Antec TPII-430P PSU

Asus P5B (Non-Deluxe)

Intel E6600 CPU

nVIDIA 7600 GT

When I run only these components together as a base, I cannot POST. I swapped the CPU for an older Pentium D and the RAM for 2 sticks of NANYA 512Mb PC4200U. The machine happily posted and I upgraded the BIOS to the latest revision (309) to add support for my CPU etc. I removed the Pentium D and put in the E6600, everything posting as normal and BIOS settings looking OK. I replaced the NANYA memory with my TWIN2X2048-6400C4 and wahey, no POST whatsoever altho fans spinning and motherboard LED bright green as before. I cleared the CMOS and then tried each of my Corsair modules on their own and still no POST (what's the odds on both sticks being faulty?). Tried them with the Pentium D, still no POST. Stuck the cheap NANYA stuff back in and it worked fine with either the Pentium D or the E6600? If I didn't know better I'd have sworn there was an incompatability issue but these sticks are on the Asus QVL list and the Corsair memory configurator highly reccommends them! I phoned Asus and told the guy my situation, he said I had proved the motherboard was OK as everything worked fine with the cheaper, slower memory and to RMA the good stuff back to Corsair. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Latest BIOS has been installed on motherboard and RAM tried on every slot in different pair and single configurations. Graphics card uses 55-75W max via PCi-e slot as no additional power source is required. Intel E6600 CPU uses 65W max and nothing else is attached to the system board. Everything works OK with the E6600 and the NANYA chips or even the Pentium D and the NANYA chips. The Corsair works with neither although I'm not really bothered about the Pentium D. I'm out of ideas!!

I have the same processor E6600, same board (p5b vanilla) and ram corsair twin2x2048-6400 c4 pro in A1 and B1. My system booted fine, I loaded windows etc. I ran some benchmarks and my ram wasn't reading in dual channel. I flashed the bios to most recent version 309 and that fixed the problem for me.

My memory is 6400C4 and not 6400C4PRO so it is not exactly the same. As stated above, one of the first things that was done was to flash the BIOS to revision 309? I had my RMA approved on Wednesday morning and was told that I would receive my RMA number within 1 business day. It is now Monday afternoon (UK) and several e-mails later, I have had no response from warranty@corsairmemory regarding this number? I only have the NANYA RAM on loan from work so pretty soon I'm gonna have no system to use. It would be greatly appreciated if I could get the RMA number now.

Archived