Corsair Community

Bad CMX 512 - 3200XLPT (2x512) kit

reynard

Bad CMX 512 - 3200XLPT (2x512MB) kit 5-2-2-2 ( About 1 Year Old. ) Causes errors at Boot up and crashes Machine. BSOD with no direction.

Replaced RAM with other set and it runs fine, no issues or errors.

Need to RMA A.S.A.P.........

Thanks Much !!

Reynard

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

MSI K8N SLI Stock Settings (SPD) Latest BIOS, AMD Opteron 146 @ 2.0 Ghz.

5-2-2-2 - 2.5

It does not take a rocket scientist to recognize a bad Set of RAM.

Transferred Newer (Pat-riot) set and no Issues exist. Stable and smooth now.

Was getting BSOD's at start-up and Application Lock-up after running 3-D Games.

This is really a crock of crap..... That you are so threatened by your competition that you censor their name when entered here. Get over it.... you have competition. They produce an equivalent product or better. Life Goes on.....

RMA your defective product, and quit wasting my time.....Simple and easy...

Being Foolish drives your potential future customers to the competition... Denial of issues, and competition. Make you look like fools........

Reynard

• Corsair Employees

The minimum suggested voltage for these modules is 2.75 Volts and if you are running them at 2.5 Volts that may be why they are failing.

I have no problem replacing your modules or anyone’s for that fact and if you read thru the forum you will see where I have done so many times even thou It did not appear to be a module problem.

If you just want to get them replaced by all means please do so.

Please use the RMA request found in TSXpress or follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! And please let them know you are from the forum.

Archived