Corsair Community

TWINX1024-3200C2PT Problem

KShaver

Several years ago I purchased a TWINX1024-3200C2PT package from Fry's Electronics (Lot number 0328867) and was consistently experiencing issues with games and anything else RAM-intensive. It was to the point of crashing every 5-10 minutes when under games such as Doom3, Warcraft 3, etc (Starcraft worked fine though).

I have since replaced the graphics card, motherboard, and operating system and still had the same problems. Exhausting those options, I was left with the RAM. I ran two tests (complete week of operation per test running several games/applications), one with module #1 removed and one with module #2 removed. Module #2 seemed to be the trick and I haven't experienced a single crash in 6 months.

I tried to get an RMA earlier, but was told to run 3dMark and other programs to determine the cause. I could not even pass the first test with both modules installed, but the immediate and lasting disappearance of the issue once the second module was removed speaks for itself.

My question is this: Since this is a "matched memory pair" do I need to send in both modules or just the defective one?

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employee

Yes submit the RMA for one Twinx set and send both modules and get them replaced as a set.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it! Please make sure you let them know you are from the forum!

Archived