Corsair Community

faulty module in a TWIN pack

Bix

Greetings,

I have bought at http://www.LDLC.be online shop, a "2 GByte TwinX Matched Memory Pair". One of the two modules of the kit is bad, my computer won't boot with it (more info below).

Their reference is :

http://www.ldlc.be/fiche/PB00020491.html

Corsair references :

Kit :

TWINX2048-3200PT

8 70584 00247

Modules :

CMX1024-3200PT

XMS3200v4.2

Lot 0627039-1

I have tested both modules (grouped and individually) on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium motherboard, which is referenced as being compatible with them.

When I put them together (in each of the 2 slot pairs), the system won't boot.

When I put module 1 in each of the 4 slots, the computer boots perfectly with 1GB ram (everything ok).

When I put module 2 in each of the 4 slots, the computer refuses to boot.

With my older memory modules (standard samsung) I can boot the computer with any of the slot filled, I tried almost every combination

I think the Module 2 is faulty.

I sent a mail to ramguy@corsairmemory.com as suggested by LDLC, but I sent it 3 days ago and haven't got any reply, so I am using this forum.

I wanted to fill out a RMA form on this very site, but I am being asked a ticket ID or something, that's what I am asking here :)

And while I am posting, I wanted to know what about the shipping procedure & costs (I mean reimbursements...), considering I live in Europe.

I would like the whole procedure to be QUICK and EFFICIENT, as expected with a prestige brand like Corsair.

Thanks in advance.

And while I am posting, I wanted to know what about the shipping procedure & costs (I mean reimbursements...), considering I live in Europe.
Not sure about all of the taxes and whatnot, but generally, you pay to ship it to them, they pay to ship it to you.

Archived