Corsair Community

Bad XMS 3200XLPRO Chips??

nkelly182

I have a pair of CMX512-3200XLPRO that I have been running for close to a year and a half without issue. I had not changed hardware in about 6 months. About three months ago I started crashing and began troubleshooting. When I set the motherboard not to reboot on errors it gave me memory reference errors. As a test, I replaced the memory sticks with two other memory chips that I had laying around and I was able to operate without any issues. I have been slack and just left it running like this for about three months without any issues.

As a test I put the chips back into my machine again last night and started getting errors again. Memory reference errors and such. I have the same settings that I used for the year and a half without issue - memory = SPD & voltage = 2.8. (ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo)

I strongly suspect one of the match chips set is bad. What do I need to do to get an RMA for these?

Thanks,

Neil

• Corsair Employee

Please try these settings and test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

System Performance: User Define

CPU Freq: 133 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%

Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts

Resulting Frequency: 133 MHz

Memory timings: Manual

Would results in these settings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2.0T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 2T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T

Graphics Aperture Size is 128 MB

If you have a failing module they will still fail at these settings, but if its just a bottleneck in the chipset the errors will go away.

Archived