Corsair Community

xms2 2048-6400 issues on msi k9n platinum

cyam

i have recently built a new system and keep suffering the bsod with the code related to memory issues. i had set the timings as per the corsair link from overclockers website but this seemed to make the system very unstable. i have since looked on this forum and tried several different configurations inc 5,5,5,15, timings with 2.1v and a reduced speed of 667 this made the system more stable but occasionly the system wouldnt post saying the settings have failed and it is returning to defaults.

i am now running all the timings on auto with the voltage at 2.1 and the speed set to 667 this seems to have sorted the posting issue for a few weeks but i have only just noticed that now only 1gig of the memory is being recognised (at boot and in windows) i have tried both reducing voltage back to 1.9v and having everything on auto, this did nothing. i have checked one stick at a time which it did recognise both sticks individually i have changed the ram positions in my mobo, no difference. now all that happens is about 3 times out of 10 it recognises both sticks but more often than not it only recognises 1 stick.

to add insult to injury overclockers wont give me a refund now as it is over 28 days (its 5 weeks) since i bought them.

can anyone help???? i think i probably have a faulty stick but after all the posts i have read it seems there may be a compatibility issue with these sticks and am2 4200 X2 cpu/nforce mobo setup.

:[pouts: :[pouts: :[pouts:

sorry should of put that in, the bios is the latest version as are the mobo nvidia drivers and all the windows drivers are the latest.

as i said i have put all settings back to standard tried it then set speed and voltage as previously listed. its made no difference.

anymore suggestions or is this just another in the long line of stability issues with this particular memory.

i have since tried my pc with geil matched pair runnin at 800mhz with 4,4,4,12,1t timings and i havent had any stability problems at all and not one bsod

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived