Corsair Community

Trying To Upgrade Memory

radj2

I have an ASUS K8V SE Deluxe Motherboard with 3 sticks of 256MB DDR 400-3200 and am trying to upgrade to 3 sticks of your VS 512MB 400 C3. When installed, only one of them is recognized. I tried switching the sticks around, same result.

I'm not a computer expert, but, is there something I can do to get the three sticks to work?

on futher testing only one stick in first slot allows pc to boot up.

When I try only one stick in slot one , two of them cause the system not to boot at all

Sorry ,meant to say I have 3 new sticks of the 512 memory to replace the 3 sticks of 256.

When I try each of the new 512 ,in turn, in the number one slot only one of them will allow the pc to boot up at all.

user guide for this mb says double sided memory only works in slots one and three if I use ddr 200.

I guess what I meant to ask was , do the individual sticks when tried by themselves in slot one that cause a black screen with no boot up at all, mean those are probably defective?

• Corsair Employees
Yes if a module will not post by it self then lets get it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum

Archived