Corsair Community

Unable to install windows/get stable with M2N32-SLI and TWIN2x2048-6400

new2am2

I've just got a new pc with an asus m2n32 and 2gb of corsair 6400 (c5). So far I had been unable to install windows. Sometimes I get BSOD with 0x000000f4 usually after putting in the cdkey, but it sometimes happens before, or when its first copying install files after format it says it cannot copy a file on the cd (usually its a different file each time too), and i'm sure its not the cd because i had multiple copies and changing the disk doesnt do anything.

I've read around and it sounds like it has to do with the m2n32. I've run memtest over night and it came up with no errors, so i dont think its something physically wrong with the ram. I've updated to the 604 bios and still no luck. I've tried some different timings/voltages/speeds but still no luck. I hope its just some bios timings or voltage setting combination i havent tried yet. help!

Certain versions of the Xp install cd have problems installing Xp when two sticks of ram are on the board in dual channel mode. What worked for me was to install Xp, the chipset drivers, the video drivers, . . . with just one stick, then shutdown and then insert the additional ram for dual channel mode. Just a possibility as your description sounds identical to what I saw when trying to install Xp with two sticks in dual channel.

Archived