Corsair Community

1 bad part from TwinX pair

Mikeyp926

Hi,

I recently built a new computer and for ram i used a 2gb kit, TwinX2048-3200C@PT DDR400 XMS3200. This worked excellently for about a month, but then a few days when i turned my computer on it would not boot. Not only that, but it wouldn't even go into the bios or display anything on screen. The fans and lights lit up but then it just sat there. After various attempts i finally took out one of the sticks of ram and it booted right up. I then swapped the memory to see if it was a problem with the socket on the board or the module of ram, and it didn't boot up at all. So i know it is just a bad stick of ram. What steps should i go through to replace it? Also, should i jsut send the one bad module back in? or should i send the package with both of them in it? And which part number do i put on the forms? the TwinX number or the CMX number?

Thanks a ton in advance for any help!

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I sent in a pair of ram modules on August 31, and I still haven't recieved my replacement. I got an rma# and printed off the label provided from corsair. I sent them both in expecting to get a new pair in a week or so, since it said 3 day processing and i shipped them priority. Is there any way to check on the status of my ram?

thanks for any help you could provide! i'm not sure where to ask this, but hopefully if this is the wrong place you can direct me to the right one.

Thanks,

Michael

Archived