Corsair Community

Got bad ram, need advice on rma.

HakanTURK

Hello, i need some advice here.

I've got a pair of twinx2048 3200c2pt of witch only one stick is bad, the bad stick gives me memtest errors in every test and on all adresses so i assume it's pretty bad. It gives me these errors no matter what settings i use and on two different boards, my own dfi and my brothers asus.

The other stick gives no errors at all and is in fact letting me write this post right now.

Here come the questions:

1. I got them from newegg and had them delivered to me in the usa, i have relocated to sweden, newegg won't accept returns from europe so can i send them directly to corsair for a replacement?

2. The hologram stickers have a "warrant void if removed" text on them, does that mean you can't remove the stickers or the entire heatspreader.

I have removed the heatspreaders and accidentaly wiped half the lot number from one of the stickers while cleaning the heatspreaders. Only the lower half of the figures are readable but you can still see that it's the same lot number on both sticks.

3. What will happen if i send them in and corsair decides the warranty is void, do i get the working stick back? Do i have to pay to have it sent back?

As i can not afford to buy a new pair i need to be certain that i will recieve something back, if i have voided the warranty atleast i can still use the computer with one stick untill i can afford to buy new ones, thats why i'm asking.

Thanks for all input on this matter.

/Niklas

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

• 1 month later...

Archived