Corsair Community

Faulty Ram ?

welsh

Hello, I have just built a PC using Corsair Value Select 1GB kit

DDR2-667 VS1GBKIT667D2 (2x512MB) with a Gigabyte DS3 motherboard and INtel E6300 CPU.

While using quickpar2 it came up with a memory error message. So i created a memtest boot CD. There it came up with 40 errors on the 3rd run. So as corsair advises I did one piece of ram at a time, did 5 tests each and no problems. So put both sticks in again and 4 tests, no problem.

The I downloaded a mem test prog for windows and that came up with errors. Do you think the RAM is faulty? In the BIOS everything is stock and no oc. What would you say i should do?

cheers

is this actually official support or just people trying to help? Not the quickest is it

Both. Forums aren't meant to be speedy, just one of many ways to contact Corsair's tech service (phone / email / automated website / forums). Posts are answered by Ram Guy within 24 hours. Others post as they want :)

You want fast? call 1-888-222-4346 or use http://tsxpress.corsairmemory.com

With that motherboard, can you up the memory voltage at all?

i have tested another PSU which is good with the ram. Both at normal everything and then with +0.2v and still getting errors. I have no other motherboard to try and dont know anyone else with DDR2, what should i do? Knew I shoud have bought more expensive RAM, that'll teach me :-)

thanks for trying to help

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them or it replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived