Corsair Community

Asus A8V-X

fuzzysi

Hi. I can't get my new build Asus A8V-X to work consistently with matched twin CMX 1024-3200C2PT 2 x 1Gb memory. With one stick in, going into the BIOS freezes it straight away, while the other allows me to go into the BISO or boot into windows OK. They both pass memtest with no errors, but putting both sticks in gives a bad BIOS checksum error, despite having the latest BIOS revision. What's going on - is this duff memory, and what can I do to fix it? Changing to CAS 2.5, tRCD 3, tRP3 & tRAS 6 makes no difference, not that I understand what any of that means...thanks, Si

Thanks. Quiet PC Q-technology ultra-quiet 400W power supply. I've tried setup defaults but it's much the same. Sorry, I haven't yet found the page to set the voltage to 2.7v - can you tell me where this setting might be?

I can't find anywhere I can change memory voltage - does it have another name? Both sticks seperately in a Gigabyte K8NSPro run memtest fine with no problems. Have tried with latest version of memtest on A8V-X and one stick crashes it instantly, other passes fine. What next? Thanks, Si

• Corsair Employees
Let's get them replaced. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it, please note that you are posting from the forum!

Archived