Corsair Community

ASUS A7N8X-E Delux with Twinx1024-3200C2 & CMX1024-3200C2

jeff1980

Hi,

I've been working with my computer for over a year with the ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and the Corsair Twinx1024-3200C2 (2x 512MB) and it worked fine. Now I thought, it would be a good idea to upgrade with a CMX1024-3200C2. It has the same timing and so it should work.

However, I put the two 512MB into the slots A1 and A2 and the one 1GB into B1 for dualchannelmode and 1GB for each channel. After I loaded a big amount of data into the RAM (I'm a musician and working with large sample-libraries), the computer restarted on its own. Memtest found many errors.

Now I put the 1GB and a 512MB into slots A1 and A2 and one 512 into slot B1. Now it works, although memtest found an error.

If there is only the 1GB in one slot, there are no errors. And the two 512MB work well, too, if they are "alone" on the mainboard.

The timings in the bios are in automatic mode.

What can I do? The memory seems to be OK. Is it because the two 512MB are much older than the 1GB?

Hoping for help...

Cheers,

Jeff

• Corsair Employees
You should not mix memory expecially in a Dual channel MB. It would be best to find another use for the two 512 Meg modules and buy another 1.0 Gig module that is the same part# and revision as what you have now!

Archived