Corsair Community

Getting really frustrated with AM2

Desertfox

I am currently on my second motherboard for this build im doing. The first mobo i had was an Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe. I am using AMD 64 3500+ with 2 sticks of 1 gig TWIN2X2048-6400. However, the motherboard refused to recognize the RAM. I tried changing hte timings and everything but I couldnt get Windows installed as a result. I RMAed the mobo and got a new one, the MSI K9N platinum because it boasted compatibility with the RAM. So today i hooked it all up and bam, im hit with the same stupid blue screen of death when i try to install windows. I tried changing the timings and everything and still nothing. I'm really starting to get frustrated and I'm wastingin a lot of time trying to figure this out. Please help me RAM guy!

In addition, i played around with the mhz, making my memory at 400 @ 2.1 volts and setting my timing manuallly to 4-4-4-12 and that doesnt even seem to work. Is something wrong with the motherboard and should i get another RMA? I really need some help. Also to clarify, the BSOD occurs when the blue setup screen says "Setup is starting windows" where afterwards there is supposed to be all the partionining and installation info and stuff. However, in that place i get a BSOD.

Archived