Corsair Community

XMS3200 Memory Problems

rmozeko

After several days of frustrating trouble shooting and speaking with Abit regarding an error code that my mobo is hanging up on it appears that my memory modules may be at the root of the problem.

I have an Abit AV8 motherboard and am receiving error code 67, which has something to do with the mobo having trouble reading the memory. According to Abit this is an issue with my Memory modules. I have independently moved both modules to different dimms and the result is the same, no display. I have a Samsung 913V monitor that has been checked and appears to be 100% fine, that is when not connected to my computer. Apparently, because of this problem the memory will not post and thus I cannot acheive anything on my monitor but a completely lifeless screen. Prior to that I swapped out video cards and PSU and have effectively ruled these out completely. The CMOS has been cleared and all component connections have been checked and rechecked. To be perfectly honest, I have no way of testing my memory modules outside of what I have, so I am going completely off of what Abit is reporting to me after spending better than 30 minutes with them on the phone. If you have any other suggestions I am willing to try that prior to requesting a warranty exchange, but please keep in mind that I am a complete novice at this and will need step by step instructions.

Thank you for your time.

rmozeko

Archived