Corsair Community

Warranty

newjacksm

I have Corsair Valueselect 512 x 2 Ram PC3200

PART# - VS512MB400

Lately ive been getting bluescreen Machine Check Up Exception whenever my computer loads something in a video game my computer usually crashes.. Not all the time but most of the time..

I have a feeling its the ram..

Also some times it happens when i first start up the computer..

How would I go on about going with the Corsair Warranty

I read the FAQ but it didnt help me much..

Thanks

-Greg

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

My MB is a MSI Neo Platinum(Model # MS-7030) , I have an AMD 3200+ Venice 754 Socket 512KB

CPU-Z says the speeds are at 2210.7 MHZ

I never overclocked anything on my computer

the FSB I dont know how to look it up but I think this might be it

(On CPU-Z it says HTT)

HTT(FSB?) 201.0 MHz

Bios System I have up is Pheonix Techonolgys, LTD 6.00PG

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

I couldnt even do this, I am on my sisters computer now when I posted that before I was transfering music to my sisters computer and all of a sudden I got bluescreens and I had to shut down my computer.. I started it up was normal I opend up Mozilla Firefox and it froze again and I got more bluescreens

Now everytime I turn it on it just freezes and I get the Machine Check Up Exception bluescreen

:( I cant do that test

-Greg

Archived