Corsair Community

Asus M2N E and Corsair DDR2 800

SiPoX

Hi!

I´m have a problem with my motherboard Asus M2NE and the module CM2X512A-6400 (Corsair DDR2 - 512 Mb - 800 Mhz). I´m building a new system and I can't get this memory to work. The latencies are ok (5-5-5-12-2T), but the system always crashes. The screen freezes and it doesn´t work, then I have to reboot.

I ran Memtest on all the modules in my system and did not get any errors. I visited the official web and it says that my module is compatible. Moreover, I have tried to change the latencies, but I haven´t been successful. And I dont know what I can try. :S

Thanks!

Make sure you set the DDR voltage to 1.9v. If i am not mistaken thats the voltage at which these modules operate, but most ddr800 needs 2 to 2.1 volts to run properly.

I am the owner of the same mobo and some DDR667 memory (from another manufacturer) and i had a myriad of problems. The system was very unstable giving me blue screens etc.

The only way to get the system stable was to underclock the memory to 533.I have now ordered some TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO since i have been told it works fine with the mobo.

Try to do what i told you with the voltage. Set it to 1.9v or 1.95v which is the maximum with the latest bios 203. I only hope that Asus will relesase a new bios which fixes that problem.

Regards

Vangelis

Nothing, I got no errors. Simply, the screen was frozen and the system didn´t respond.

But.. I set the voltage to 1.9 and I underclocked the memory to 667. And... it works!! ;) :)

Thanks again! ;)

I'm glad you sorted that out. I just received my Corsair TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO and it works fine (for the time being :laughing: ) at 4-4-4-12 2T at 1.95v which is the maximum voltage the M2N-E allows.

I was sure thet by increasing the voltage you would achieve stability. Try 1.95 and see it it works fine at 800. Im not sure which is the model you have but the 800 DD2 corsair with the tighter timings 4-4-4-12 requires 2.1v which unfortunately this motherboard can't provide. So try this my friend and tell me how it goes.

Finally a question for RAMGUY...Is it normal that the leds on my pro memory show activity near the top end although my pc is in idle running no programmes??

Regards Vangelis

• Corsair Employees
But.. I set the voltage to 1.9 and I underclocked the memory to 667. And... it works!! ;) :)

SiPoX,

XM2S-5400C4 should be set to 667 MHz at a minimum of 1.9 Volts???

Finally a question for RAMGUY...Is it normal that the leds on my pro memory show activity near the top end although my pc is in idle running no programmes??

vangelis

Yes that is normal!

Archived