Corsair Community

1 Bad module: CMX1024-3200C2PT

mm12345

I came home yesterday to find my system had restarted itself while I was gone, and would not let me past the logon screen, stating that several key files had mysteriously been deleted.

I tried to do a repair install of windows XP, but kept getting error messages that certain files were not copied correctly.

I tried installing from a different Windows CD, a different DVD ROM drive, a different hard drive, and the problem continued to repeat itself.

I was finally able to proceed after removing one of the RAM modules.

The bad module is CMX1024-3200C2PT, XMS3202v2.2 0608090-1

My system is not overclocked and the settings are all at the recommended levels. The RAM had been performing perfectly since the purchase in February from Newegg.

Any help is appreciated.

• Corsair Employees
Please load setup/optimized defaults and then set the Dim Voltage to 2.7X volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, XMS2700C2 Cass 2-3-3-6 for example or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I've been trying to get a hold of someone at Corsair on the phone for 3 weeks now, with no luck. I have an RMA # R145041 and a case # 189916. I moved just after the RAM was approved and I need to update the address on the RMA before I send my part out, so it returns to the correct place.

Should I just post my old / new address here or what?

Please call our customer service at 888-222-4346 or email them at rma@corsairmemory.com!

I have sent several emails and made several phone calls and none have been returned! I have 3 messages left with Tina at the RMA department right now, and I've contacted the rma@corsairmemory address several times as well. A lifetime warranty is useless if you can't make any claims on it!

Archived