Corsair Community

help me: intel 865 pe compatible with cmx1024-3200c2?

alan_t88

ok so recently i bought a ram module in hong kong while i'm on vacation, i bought a cmx1024-3200c2. i wasn't planning on buying this module but since the worker in the shop recommanded me this one because its faster i bought it, damn lousy shop worker!

so i'm all new to all these ram upgrade thing. i'm living in hte netherlands.

i have a dell dimension 4600 with an intel 865pe motherboard and i would like to have some help getting this ram working.

all help would be appreciated, thnx

They are NOT compatible with a Dell. Dells, as well as every other OEM manufacturer, don't allow end users to change memory timings / voltage at all. XMS memory (e.g. CMX and TwinX) requires voltage changes above default specs, as well as sometimes timing tweaks.

They are NOT compatible with a Dell. Dells, as well as every other OEM manufacturer, don't allow end users to change memory timings / voltage at all. XMS memory (e.g. CMX and TwinX) requires voltage changes above default specs, as well as sometimes timing tweaks.

what if i bought a new motherboard?

as long as it supports changing timings / voltage, probably. You can look it up at http://compatible.corsairmemory.com

keep in mind the Dell cases are proprietary as well, so you'd need a new case as well.

so i guess you are saying that if i use the dell case for this purpose i could get in trouble? like i could get sued for doing this?

and you dont mean that the case wont allow me to use for this purpose?

so i guess you are saying that if i use the dell case for this purpose i could get in trouble? like i could get sued for doing this?

and you dont mean that the case wont allow me to use for this purpose?

LMAO, no, they won't sue you or anything, just that a normal motherboard won't fit into the case, as Dell's cases will only work with Dell motherboards and power supplies.

So if you want a new motherboard, you'll need a new case and power supply. Forgot to mention earlier that their power supplies are also proprietary.

LMAO, no, they won't sue you or anything, just that a normal motherboard won't fit into the case, as Dell's cases will only work with Dell motherboards and power supplies.

So if you want a new motherboard, you'll need a new case and power supply. Forgot to mention earlier that their power supplies are also proprietary.

cr@p so this means i have to build a complete new computer, or i can buy a new one.

Are there any brands of computer manufacturers that allows you to tweak your own computer? or is that only possible by building a computer yourself?

Archived