Corsair Community

Help with Socket AM2

albeeeezy

I really want a decent water cooling system for my cpu.

I just bought the Nasutilus and im not sure if itll work with my AMD 64 SOCKET AM2 Dual Core 4200+. If it will not fit, and someoen point me in the right directiong to a ok water cooling under $180.

Oh is was wondering, is the Socket AM2 part of the k8 series? I went on newegg looking for a water cooling system and didnt find one for socket am2.

is there another name used for the am2?

thanks in advanced

Nautilus500 COMPONENT LISTING

Each Nautilus500 Kit includes:

1 All copper CPU water block with Micro Channel Technology

1 AMD Socket 754, 939 and 940 retention bracket

1 Intel LGA 775 retention bracket

1 Intel socket 478 retention bracket

looks to me this kit covers amd

I really want a decent water cooling system for my cpu.

I just bought the Nasutilus and im not sure if itll work with my AMD 64 SOCKET AM2 Dual Core 4200+. If it will not fit, and someoen point me in the right directiong to a ok water cooling under $180.

I have the Nautilus 500 installed and running on my Athlon-64 X2 4200+ AM2 Processor on an ASUS M2N-SLi Deluxe Motherboard.

I can attest to the fact that the NAutilus will fit your AM2 X2 4200+ with the AMD bracket provided with it.

just run the pump only, lay tower on its side(MB cpu top side) and have the rez/fan off to the side above case with fill cap open to allow to burp out bubbles, careful not to spill any and have buddy hold rez steady while u flip case around, then top up rez then close cap an flip/twist it around, then place normal open rez to expel air

AND, if you do spill or over-fill the reservoir, DO NOT TURN YOUR NAUTILUS 500 UPSIDE DOWN TO GET WATER OUT.

Just wipe off the excess fluid spilled on top, put the metal cap back on tight, place a towel or napkin UNDER the unit, pick it up, and move it from side to side.

The excess fluid/water will drip down from the bottom, safely onto your napkin without affecting any components inside.

Archived