Corsair Community

TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT Reboots System

BradWerth

Hello. I have a couple sets of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT that consistantly reboots the system (Tyan 2885), both in Windows and in Memtest. Also, I have a bunch of TWINX1024RE-3200LLPT that seem to run memtest86+ fine, but cause Machine Check Errors in Windows. Any thoughts? Thanks.

All timings are Auto which results in

Memory Clock 200MHz (it is in DDR mode, for 400)

TCL - 2.0

TRCD - 3 CLK

TRAS - 6 CLK

TRP - 2 CLK

TRRD - 2 CLK

TRC - 11 CLK

TRFC - 14 CLK

TRWT - 3 CLK

Read Preamble - 7.0 ns

Asynchronous Latency - 8 ns

The voltage cannot be adjusted, but it is hovering between 2.66 and 2.7 Volts

ECC is enabled, but the following settings are disabled (by default)

MCA DRAM ECC Logging

ECC Chipkill

DRAM Scrub Redirect

DRAM BG Scrub

L2 Cache BG Scrub

Data Cache BG Scrub

Thank you for your prompt reply!

• Corsair Employees

I would try and set the timings to these since you cannot set the voltage.

Memory Clock 200MHz (it is in DDR mode, for 400)

TCL - 2.5

TRCD - 3 CLK

TRAS - 7CLK

TRP - 3 CLK

TRRD - 2 CLK

TRC - 11 CLK

TRFC - 14 CLK

TRWT - 3 CLK

Read Preamble - 7.0 ns

Asynchronous Latency - 8 ns

Unfortunately, those timings did seem to work on the rebooting issue. I probably won't know about the machine check errors until tomorrow. The problem I have now is that the low latency of the memory is now affected. This memory isn't cheap, and clocking it down seems counterintuitive. I understand that the voltage could be higher, but...

The other issue is that about 50% of the pairs do work in Windows. When we get the Machine Check Errors, replacing the pair usually fixes the problem.

I will post more results tomorrow, when the tests complete. Until then, any other ideas? I don't think that my boss is going to go for the whole "less aggressive timing" thing.

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but if the MB will not let you set the minimum suggested voltage I doubt they will run at the tested settings. In addition, you are running 4 modules, and the tested settings would only work with one set with the proper settings.

In addition, you are running 4 modules, and the tested settings owuld only work with one set with the proper settings.

Why is that? If I am running 2 CPUs each with 2 sticks of memory will I be unable to achieve the tested settings? Same if each CPU has 4 sticks? Thanks for all of your help so far.

• Corsair Employees
There is more loading on the memory controller as you add more memory. I am not saying you cannot do it only that you are having trouble and I would suggest relaxing the settings for better stability.

Archived