WIN XP HOME (SP2)

M2N-SLI DELUXE MOBO

CORSAIR TWIN2X2048-6400 RAM

AMD WINSOR DUAL CORE 4200+ CPU

BFG 256MB 7900 GT x 2 IN SLI CONFIG

580W HIPER POWER SUPPLY

ZALMAN 9500 CPU FAN

WEST DIG 250MB SATA HD

Problem: In two different games I had the well known "freeze" error where the game freezes (I can still hear audio sometimes) and I am unable to get to windows- forcing a hard reboot.

I have tried turning down game settings to around midrange on both Star Wars Galaxies Online and Doom3 from near max settings and still having same problems.

Reloaded BIOS and Video Card drivers, and even disabled SLI configuration still no fix.

Any help please?? I have had this system about 12 days and everything seems to work fine except this problem. Any possible voltage variables that might have worked for some of you?

Well I adjusted the voltage to 2.05 and 2.1v no fix. I disabled SLI config and removed one of my video cards- swapping one in at a time and still got "game freeze." I

Interesting thing is that I will get a freeze at random times- I can be in a graphic intensive area (Star Wars Galaxies Online) and play for 20-30 minutes no problem. Then all of a sudden the screen freezes and I have no option other than resetting the computer.

What makes me think it is the memory is that I had a similar problem before with new memory where the same game would freeze on my laptop. If I installed the old RAM the freezing went away.

I guess my next step is to remove one 1gb stick and run it. I dont have a cd burning program yet to make a boot memtest disk but I'll try and find a trial version on the net tonight to make one.

Archived