Corsair Community

Buying an extra memory

Amnon

First of all my hardware is:

CPU: Intel 2.8 Gh

Motherboard: Intel Rock Lake 865PERL

Graphics card: Leadtek 6600 GT (AGP)

Memory: 2*256 MB (dual) of Micron (PC3200) - value...

I want to add 2 more sticks of 256 and as far as I know , it would be better to add the same company but I can't find sticks of micron in my country.

That's why I decided to go for 2 sticks of corsair (the value offcourse) inorder to increase the speed I run my games.

My questions is: will 2 different kinds of companies but same data work good together?

If not, offer me another way or something.

Thanks in advance,

Amnon

I'm sure it would be better to buy one new stick but I'm really short in money so I have to buy an extra memory. Would it be good enough and improve my performance to buy another 2 sticks of 256 MB of corsair(the value)?

This is not a good idea and it is a gamble. You could possibly get memory that will not run well together or, that will cause your system not to boot. This is why Corsair recommends not to mix different types of memory as the MOBOs sometimes cannot run with mixed memory. 4 x 256mb of memory will give you more overall memory and would be good for large memory applications (such as Photoshop etc) BUT ONLY IF IT WILL RUN. But, there is no way of knowing if your memory will mix until you buy it and try. So, if it does not work, you will be stuck with memory you cannot use.

Mike.

Archived