Corsair Community

Corsair (Green) Coolant

Kross

When I was installing my Nautilus I sort of knocked over the coolant bottle (that I had unscrewed the cap off of) by mistake and about 1/3rd of it spilled out before I got to it. I have the system up and running and am getting somewhat decent temps. BUT paranoia is setting in and I figured I might as well get myself more of that green stuff and add to the liquid in circulation.

I tried looking for replacement Corsair coolant bottles but they're over $15 each (after S&H :bigeyes: !!). Has Corsair ever "Officially" told us what that green coolant is that they provide us with? I am just wondering because if someone else makes it, and they just put it into smaller bottles to ship with their products, I could probably get that coolant from whoever makes it for much less! But I wouldn't want to go off of a guess or just the chemical composition...I'd like to get the exact thing that Corsair gives you just so I dont have any issues. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just buy the (expensive) replacement Corsair coolant.

Also, is it bad for the system if their is more coolant in it than I would've had originally? See, you're supposed to put the entire bottle in when you first install the system. Since mine was only 2/3rd full when I put it in (due to spillage on my end) that means I have less coolant in there than I am supposed to. So when I add more, what if I end up with a little more coolant in there than I am supposed to? Would that affect anything?

Thanks guys!

1/2 of the bottle contents is all that necessary.

http://sysbuild.corsairmemory.com/report.aspx?id=3&sid=7

Our kit comes with some green anti-corrosive liquid coolant, more than you need. Take the bottle and pour half of it into the fill port as shown.

The product info can be found here. http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=247363&postcount=5

Thanks guys! The info is much appreciated.

Boogieman, I am surprised by that link you posted for I am looking at the manual (that came with the kit) right now and it states clearly to pour the entire bottle of coolant into the tank. Perhaps there is a safe ratio of coolant:water that can range to certain percentages...?

This makes me think, what is the ratio where the amount of coolant compared to the distilled water, can be a bad thing for the Nautilus-500? I don't mean 100% coolant. But lets say the ratio's were adjusted to 70% coolant 30% water...How would it affect the system and/or temps? Just thinking out loud :)

KaptCrunch, that answered my question dead-on! Thanks bud! That way I know I can just buy a big bottle of that coolant to just keep around. So I can add to the mixture (with distilled water) whenever the levels get lower. And I probably won't have to pay half as much! :)

any propylene glycol will do like High Sierra anti-freeze an Prestone Low Tox white bottle not the yellow.

Can be found in any automotive supply store, only come in 1liter or 4liters bottles you need only 25-33% mixed with distilled water.

Thanks ..............

Thanks guys! The info is much appreciated.

This makes me think, what is the ratio where the amount of coolant compared to the distilled water, can be a bad thing for the Nautilus-500? I don't mean 100% coolant. But lets say the ratio's were adjusted to 70% coolant 30% water...How would it affect the system and/or temps? Just thinking out loud :)

wrong the 70/30 is for best freeze point, becomes to thick an less heat transfer, puts a load on the pump. best is 30/70 range for water has best transfer of heat an flow speed.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived