Corsair Community

2GB Corsair Flash Voyager Problems after 1 year

pokeballs2

Hi I purchased a 2GB Corsair Flash Voyager about a year ago and have had no problems once at all up until the other day. When I plug it into ANY PC with Windows XP or Windows 9x, it'll take a minute or so to pick up on the computer. After the computer eventually detects the USB flash drive as a 'removable device' its icon appears in the 'My Computer'.

-Everytime I try to double click on the Icon for the Corsair Flash drive when it's plugged into a Windows XP PC a message box will appear saying 'Semaphore Timeout Period has Expired'. Once I close out of that window it'll disappear and leave me at the My Computer window.

-Everytime I try to double click on the Icon for the Corsair Flash drive when it's plugged into a Windows 9x PC a message box will appear asking if I would like to format the drive.

-These problems persist even after multiple reboots and being plugged into different USB ports.

-There are no problems with any device drivers in the Device Managers on the PCs that I have tested it on.

-I have also tested the Corsair flash drive in USB 1.1 and 2.0 serial ports. No luck.

Please note, the 2GB Corsair Flash Voyager has worked flawlessly on all of the aforementioned test PCs, since I purchased it.

I would like to know if there is a Corsair warranty that I could take advantage of. Especially if it's unlikely that this could be relatively easy to resolve.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! :D:

Archived