Corsair Community

HP model not listed in Configurator

Garvin

Upgrading an HP Pavilian Media Center PC a1520n. The model isn't listed in the Corsair Memory Configurator. Using other brand configurators turns up 2.6volt 400mghz 3200 ddr sdram modules with 3-3-3-8 timings but I want Corsair. Specifically, I'm looking for a dual channel matched pair of two 1gig sticks that will run on the Asus A8N-LA rev.2.00 (Hp OEM board) that has virtually no manual adjustments for tweaking in the rev.6.00 Award bios. Recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

current specs: AMD 3800x2, A8N-LA, 1gig of HP ddr(2x512), disabled 6150LE pci onboard video-replaced with Biostar 7603GT (Pci-e x16) and latest Forceware drivers 91.31, replaced supply (300watt/19amps+12volt rail) with 500 watt/28amp+12volt rail supply, onboard Realtech HD sound (surprisingly good for onboard), a NIC.

After Corsair Upgrade: NIC's coming out, Soundblaster's going in, Haupage150 going in, and MyHD card going in.

• 2 weeks later...
Whelp, from my research on this Hp contracted Asus board, I haven't seen any succesfull non-Hp derived bios flashes. The few I read about either didn't work at all or fried something on the board. OEM manufacturers don't want their bioses messed with.

Archived