Corsair Community

Bad Module - VS512MB400C3

wsuvetmed

Hello, I am a system administrator at a veterinary college, we recently ordered 14 sticks of Corsair Valueselect 512MB RAM. Designation VS512MB400C3.

13 of the 14 work great and have been aded to our system. However, one of the modules has been determined to be defective after extensive testing. During the RIS imaging process this module causes a blue screen error for an instant and then causes the computer to restart. When we switch out this suspect RAM module with another from the batch of identical Corsair RAM, the computer is able to image properly, with all other hardware kept constant.

I would like to request an RMA number so that I may return this RAM module for one that works. Thank you for your time RAM guy.

I should add that we have over one hundred computers to work with and this RAM has been tested in multiple machines with the same result - When all other hardware is kept constant (including BIOS settings and firmware) the RAM module is always the element that causes the issue.

Archived