Corsair Community

ASUS A8V Deluxe & TWINX2048-3200, 3500, 4000 & 4400

DirtyDozen

I am planning on replacing the 1 GB of memory on my system with 2 GB and am leaning strongly toward Corsair TWINX2048s. The problem is I can't decide which pair to go with.

I currently have DDR 433 (PC 3500), so I was thinking of going with the 3500LLPROs as they're also PC 3500. However, I see that the 3200c2pts are very popular and have had good results.

Also, the configurator indicates that the newer 4000PT and 4400PROs are also compatible with this motherboard, but I wasn't able to find posts where people talked about success or failure in combination with it.

The prices I'm seeing aren't a deciding factor as there's only about $77 separating the lowest of this group from the highest. I just want the best combination I can get from these pairs to last me for a long while (and into Windows Vista next year). I also do gaming on this computer and video editing/burning to DVD.

Any suggestions or guidance would be much appreciated.

Again, here are the four pairs I'm considering for my ASUS A8V Deluxe:

TWINX2048-3200C2PT

TWINX2048-3500LLPRO

TWINX2048-4000PT

TWINX2048-4400PRO

Thank you for your feedback. Is the only difference between the two the LED activity lights? Or do the PROs carry more punch?

I don't need the lights and the lower profile of the standard LLs would reduce any potential problems with clearance, but I just want to make sure that's the only difference before I decide.

Also, I don't plan to overclock (unless that's recommended...?).

I would suggest Twinx2048-3500LL or Twinx2048-3500LLPro for that system.

I went ahead and ordered the Twinx2048-3500LLs for my system. They should be arriving in a couple of days.

What BIOS settings would you recommend based on my motherboard and setup?

• 1 year later...
  • Corsair Employees
I am sorry but no those are not in production any more, the only option would be to replace them with Twinx2048-3200C2 modules. But I would suggest just waiting till you upgrade your System and go with DDR3 that is coming out now.

I am sorry but no those are not in production any more, the only option would be to replace them with Twinx2048-3200C2 modules. But I would suggest just waiting till you upgrade your System and go with DDR3 that is coming out now.

Upgrade my system? Do you mean my computer or do you mean there will be DDR3 RAM made I can use in this system? My computer does everything I need but I have been playing with virtual hard drives. I would love to make a 1G virtual hard drive where as I have a 500mb right now. All my DVD manipulation or applications that use lots of RAM I have installed there. It runs really fast and the dual core opterons really push this.

Now the Twinx2048-3200C2 are they 2GB sticks which with be 4GB together or just like I have now two 1GB sticks = 2GB together?

What the difference from my CMX1024-3500LLPRO to the Twinx2048-3200C2?

CPU.JPG.34b2835533ac150df2141b911c031654.JPG

No, DDR1, DDR2, and DDR3 are PHYSICALLY incompatible with each other. Won't even fit in the same slots. Ram Guy is talking about waiting until you build a whole new system.

Twinx2048-3200C2 = 2 x 1 GB.

3200C2 is a couple mhz slower than the 3500LLs.

They now have AGP video card that support DirectX 10 so I was hoping it was the memory not my computer.

Now the question is can I pass this off to the wife as a reason to build a new system.

EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650 3.0GHZ

3 of these = nVidia GeForce 8800Ultra 768MB :praise:

Like the RAM GUY said I will wait until DDR3.

Thanks with all the info!!!

Archived