Corsair Community

Bad TWINX CMX512-4000PT Modules

jotavip

Hi! I think that I have bad memory modules. I purchased last year a pair of Twinx 512MB 4000PT, and after a few months, I am having blue screen in windows xp. I tried everything, reinstalling windows again, modifying bios settings, and nothings, the PC still crashs frequently.

I tried memtest, and it failed. After that, I put these modules in my sister's computer, and again, blue screens, crashing in windows.

I tested here in my computer with other memory modules, and I didn't have any problems, so, I think these CMX512-4000PT modules are bad.

I live in Brazil, and purchased these memories in USA. How can I have the RMA for it?

Thanks for the help!!

• Corsair Employees
Can you tell me the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

Hi! My specs are:

CPU: Pentium 4 3.0E

Motherboard: Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

I'm running my CPU at 3.3 Ghz, with the FSB at about 230 Mhz. I tried to run at factory specs, 3.0 Ghz and FSB 200 Mhz, and the PC still crashes.

I changed BIOS settings, like enabling and disabling the memory acceleration mode, setting the latency at 3-4-4-8, instead of using it by SPD, and no success.

And finally, I tested these memories in another system, and it still crashes.

Here in my system, with other different modules, I don't have any crashing problems.

Thanks for the help!

• Corsair Employees

220-230 Mhz is about normal for that CPU.

I would try these settings not ovver clocked and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing.

AI Over Clock Tuner: Manual

CPU Freq: 200 MHz

Memory Frequency: 100%/DDR400

Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts (but if you over clock 2.85 Volts)

Resulting Frequency: 200MHz/400DDR

Legacy USB: Disabled

SDRAM CAS Latency: 3T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T (If U over clock set to 4)

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T (If U over clock set to 4)

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 8T

I tried these setting, running memtest, and none of the modules failed. But windows is still crashing, and with other memories, it runs perfectly.

I tested now these modules in another computer, and it still crashes.

Some days ago a friend of mine tested in his computer, and he had crashing problems too.

I think these are bad, even memtest don't having errors.

Archived