Corsair Community

What product is compatable with my old setup?

Rendili

I have carried out a search but only found a post from 2004 :

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28422&highlight=ga-8inxp

I have a gigabyte ga-8inxp with Corsair 1GB DDR XMS2700LL TwinX (2x512MB) Platinum CAS2, although this is running at 133MHz due to restrictions on the motherboard

I would like to upgrade to a total of 2GB or memory preferably using the existing memory running the new (3200?) along side my old 2700, but i can not find any XMS2700 around anymore.

(also is the voltage the same for XMS2700 and newer Ddr? i can't find voltage specs for XMS2700 but my motherboard manual say 2.5v and for newer memory it says tested at 2.75v)

from my usual supplier i have the following available :

Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x512MB) CAS2

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3200C2PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL TwinX (2x1GB) CAS2

What is a recommended upgrade path for this setup?

thanks for any help

• Corsair Employees
It would be best to replace what you have now with a new set of Twinx2048-3200C2 set of modules for best performance. It will be close to impossible to get memory that will run in most MB's today with these modules.

thanks for the reply

I would love to upgrade my pc in more areas than just the memory, but i just can't afford it right now as i would have to replace the motherboard, memory, cpu and graphics card, besides, what i have now will run everything i need to run except battlefront 2 which requires 2gb of memory to run at full detail (which my graphics card should be able to do)

I was hoping to get a cheapish memory upgrade (2x512mb) to add to my existing memory, but it seems that is imposisble.

If a 2x1gb upgrade of memory that is still made today will work in my system then i would like to go with that and then do a proper full upgrade of my system in 2 years when i should be able to afford it then.

so is there a memory upgrade that would work in my motherboard? (ok everything runs far faster than my motherboard can push, but should be able to drop down in speed still, as my 2700 is doing now?)

Archived