Corsair Community

TWINX2048-3200C2PT and DFI LP UT SLI-DR

snapilica2003

Hello everybody, i'm new here but i've been a user of Corsair memorys for 6 years now.

My first memories were 2 sticks of CMX256A-3200C2PT witch worked fine with no problems and with my new rig i decided it's time for new ram... so i bought the TWINX2048-3200C2PT (XMS3202v1.2) pair.

My problem is i can't seem to get them stable at any settings beside the SPD value of 3-3-3-8 @2.7V

The guys over at the DFI forums told me to up the voltage a bit to 2.8V and i managed to set them to 2-3-2-5.

I've read that the 1.2 revision has infineon BE5 chips witch run stable at 2-3-2-5 so that's my target latency.... but the sticks would get very hot (could barely keep my hands on them for one second) and i was a bit concerned about not frying them (my rig runs 24/7.. in a preety hot enviroment)

After a while (and 4 hours of memtest with no errors) my windows crashed... and i realised the sticks were not working properly so i decided to go 2.5-3-2-5 and lower the voltage to 2.7V (2.77V real)

Everything looked fine.. but memtest did show an error after 8 hours of running it.

Any ideeas on what i should do? Can i run these sticks at 2-3-2-5 stable.. or they are just not built for that?

And another question... whats the deal with memory must run at CL2.5 on AMD platforms?

I've read the forums and people are running them at 2-3-3-6 or 2.5-3-3-6....

those are the only values they would run?

So can't get any lower than 2-3-3-6 huh? ... but doesn't the Infineon BE5 chips go 2-3-2-5?

Problem is that before i set them to 2.5-3-2-5 @2.7V (witch is as stable as i can get besides SPD) i couldn't lower them... not even 2-3-3-8 ... or 2.5-3-3-6

and i don't think 2-3-3-6 would work either... not if i don't increase the voltage to 2.8... withc then causes heat problems

i know it's a bit low but it does have a 26Amp 12V rail which meets the minimum for single core, single GPU (according to the DFI usermanual ... not the DFI forums :( )... and my UPS shows that my sistem wants only ~160W and goes to ~170Wto ~180W tops when in full load (CPU 100%, GPU *runnin' 3DMark*, HDD defragmenting).

Can it be PSU related?

Archived