Corsair Community

Hydrocool 200 Problem

I swapped out my motherboard and CPU. I just took off the heatsink/hoses from the old cpu and threw in the new board and CPU and put it (the Hyrdrocool 200 heatsink) onto the new CPU. Everything is running fine and cool. The problem is that when I first turn the computer on the fill alarm goes off and "Fill" flashes on the LED lights on the front panel. The level is full and there are no bubbles in the hoses that I can see. If left on for 30 min. or longer it will no longer sound off. It also goes off intermittantly. Can last from 2 sec. to 4+ min. but if I leave it on for an hour or more the alarm won't go off any more... until I shut it off and then turn it back on some time later then it starts all over again. :mad: What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

• Corsair Employees
Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

have you only used recomenned fluids?

posible the float it stuck on the shaft of sensor from other fluids being used or PG gel crystals. open cover an remove sensor to clean (may have to remove the super glue on plug end @ circuit board or cut 2 wires, so you can turn it out of res) turn counter clockwise.

Please call our Tech Support at 1-800-205-7657 when you are in front of your system and we can try and help you solve the problem. Our hours are from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Pacific Time Monday thru Friday excluding holidays.

Thanks, RAM Guy, I'll do that tomorrow when I"ll be home by the machine during those hours.

have you only used recomenned fluids?

Yup, distilled water and the coolant it originally came with.

posible the float it stuck on the shaft of sensor from other fluids being used or PG gel crystals. open cover an remove sensor to clean (may have to remove the super glue on plug end @ circuit board or cut 2 wires, so you can turn it out of res) turn counter clockwise.

I don't feel comfortable doing what you suggest. Thanks though!

Archived