Corsair Community

cm2x1024-6400 Bad Sticks.

rephlex

Hello,

I have a situation with this ram listed in the title. I've been having bad freezing, frequent bsods and random error messages from winxp. I ran a memtest86 3.2 and to my supprise i have a ton of bad blocks on there. I pretty much stopped it at 1900 error values found. I have a core2 duo 6400 (2.13ghz) chip/ asus p5w dh deluxe board with an ati x1900xtx. The rest is on board. This is brand new ram right out of the package from zipzoomfly. The only odd thing is, i can sometimes boot up just fine and play a little counter strike and it does fine, till i have to load a new map then hl2.exe usually crashes and drops me back into windows.

Any further information on RMA or suggestions of something i might be doing wrong with be appreciated.

Thanks

Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+, not Memtest86 v3.2, DIFFERENT PROGRAM. What timings / voltage is your memory currently set to?

Try these settings, and test one stick at a time in the same slot:

CAS Latency (tCL): 5

RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 5

Row Precharge (tRP): 5

Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12

Command Rate: 1T

Memory Voltage: 1.9 Volts

Source: Corsair XMS Qualification and Testing Information

It has the settings you had mentioned (5-5-5-12 1T) Default., i did test it and one stick is bad, the other is good. I redid it using memtest86+, same results, module 100451558 is giving bad blocks.

btw, your link on testing information went to a page that doesn't exist for me.

Just wondering, what is the difference between memtest86+ and the 3.2?

I've been running w/o crash on the good stick for awhile now, with no crashes.

So the best route from this point i assume is to contact cosair directly for information. I know that i'm suppose to make inquiry to tech support to make sure, i figure this is "considered" tech support. what is the next step, or do you have a marco to a link that i need to read ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I mailed off my ram regarding Case # 186662 [RMA R142144]

Sent 8/14, recieved 8/16. It's been 5 business days. Just wondering whats going on. I can never get home in time to call tech support the the issue.

Thanks.

I contacted RMA dept at corsair to get my tracking number and was told that my modules wern't sent at all. Le sigh.. really need those things. I would guess that means they're still out of stock. Unless you ment that the modules wernt sent to you guys till the 22nd.

Archived