Corsair Community

1 bad module

slash0r

Hi RamGuy:

I have 1 stick out of a Twinx CMX512-3700 pair that is bad. I tested with Memtest, and only this 1 stick fails consistently, while the other passes consistently when I check them individually.

I'm from Germany and want to know if there is a German HQ where i can send the bad module or have i send it to CA ? And have i send only the bad module, or do I have to send both back in the pair?

Thank you.

• Corsair Employees
Please try your reseller and if they will not or cannot help you then please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part! Or *New* Tech Support Express” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

i've got no RMA reply in the last 6 days...

08/11/2006:

We are sorry about the issues you are having. Your RMA has been approved and will be processed by our RMA department within 1 business day. If you do not get the RMA number after 24 hours, please send an email to warranty@corsairmemory.com with your Case # & full name, and we will help to resolve the issue.

Thank You!

08/15/2006:

Corsair Technical Support Responds: I am sorry but our RMA department will not be able to issue you the RMA# as you didn't enter the module part#. I would suggest you to go to http://corsair.com/corsair/rma_request.html and fill out the form with all the required information. In the "Ticket#/PostID#" field please enter "(has been removed by slash0r)" for your authorization. If after 1 day or 24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays, you do not get the RMA please send an email to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

so i filled out the request form again and hope that i will get my RMA soon, i need new ram, my system is running with an very old 256mb ddr333 and that really su***.

• Corsair Employees
I just checked and they are behind sorry for that, but I asked them to get them processed by this afternoon. If you do not get a reply by this afternoon please let me know and I will get it taken care of personally 800-205-7657.

And again no reply from the tech support...only got an email with the content "Hi,

We have your RMA request form. Can you please give us the Corsair part number? The part number would start with CMX or VS.

Regards"

Of course i had entered the Part number in each form i had filled out until now (about 3 times i think) and everytime i got such an email with this content...i have got this email yesterday and replied it a few minutes later, but today again nothing in my inbox...where is the problem to send me a RMA#? 1 or 2 days i can understand for the adaptation, but over a week ? i think this is much too long to generate a RMA...

sorry for my words, but slowly i become a bit angry...

regards

Hey Ramguy,

i just want to know when and if my rams are delivered, cuz i'd sent them from germany and they told me that the shipping takes about 1 week. It would be nice if u can tell me when they are in CA :)

RMA# R144012

greetz

Archived